Monday, June 23, 2008

Should We Eat or Use What Society Has To Offer?

Before I even start on this subject, I would like to honestly say that I do eat things that are unhealthy at times. Eating fast food and dining out can be fun and convenient. Even grabbing something quick to eat like junk food can sometimes be appealing.

Has anyone looked at the list of ingredients on the back of a box, can, bag, or any other type of edible products found at your local grocery store? Many years ago, I didn't either. I figured well if its for sale it must be safe to eat. Same for non-edibles. Now looking back, I must of been nieve.

1. FDA allows ground bugs and larva to be in our foods, especially can foods.. YUCK! - I
Personally found ground up sticks in a can of corn.
2. Chemicals that are some times included in the food we eat
a) Monosodium Glutamate - KNOWN TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO BRAIN NERVE CELLS AND OBESITY.Also disguises the true taste of foods. It tricks the brain into thinking it
tastes great and it keeps you comming back for more
b) Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA) - KNOWN TO CAUSE TUMORS AND SKIN
ALLERGIES
c) Sodium Nitrate - KNOWN TO CAUSE CANCER, high amounts in hotdogs
d) Lead - Found in multivitamin products for adults and children
3. Off the subject of edible foods but still toxic and harmful
a) Propylene Glycol - Found in toothpaste, lotions, shampoo, soaps and other things.
IT'S FOUND IN ANTIFREEZE as a de-icing agent.
b) Monosodium Glutamate - hidden ingredient found in shampoo, lotions, soaps and etc.
c) Mercury - found in some mascara and eyeliners. FDA reports its not legal. The way I
see it, since we are told its so called safe to eat fish with mercury, who knows whats
next to happen with the make-up. They might say low doses are ok.. My opinion, no
amount is called SAFE.....
d) Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone and Cyclomethicone, all -cone ending words in
shampoo, lotions, soaps, and etc. - IT STOPS YOUR HAIR AND SKIN FROM
ABSORBING MOISTURE. It will weigh your hair down and cause split ends. Also
can dry your skin out. Look for products without the -cone ingredients.

There are so many more things to put on this list. This can go on forever and ever.

3 comments:

Bader Jundi said...

YEAH but every time you get behind the wheel there is a big chance of getting killed, the same when you travel by air.
the odds of getting cancer is way higher among people in the cities than the ones in country side.
yet we don't leave cities or stop driving or flying..... give me that food and ill take my chances

Carolyn said...

You are right. We all take chances. We all have choices too. I thank you for your opinion and checking out my blog.

Anonymous said...

I guess thats how they try to balance the population, by poisioning us. The people have learned to except this way of life. I hope our children is stronger than we are and not take this anymore......